Greathall Storytelling Recordings by Jim Weiss
Ages 7 and Up
- Creative Child Magazine CD of the Year Award
An inspiring collection of ancient and modern true stories of individuals who lived their lives with personal conviction and shared their wisdom to the fullest in words and action.
Stories include Raphael, Michelangelo, Diogenes, Alexander the Great, Solomon, The Good Samaritan, Satchel Paige, Beatrix Potter and more.
Role models and mentors have contributed to every generation’s sense of peace and stability. A Treasury of Wisdom spans 3000 years of time in its passionate offering of inspiring, true stories of wise individuals whose lifework, philosophies and values are, to this day, valuable lessons in hope and inspiration.
Includes: Solomon; Jesus (The Good Samaritan); Alexander the Great; Diogenes, The Greek Philospher; Michelangelo; Raphael; Satchel Paige; Beatrix Potter, and more.
(Approximately 79 minutes; 10 tracks)
- An Empty Cup: A Story from Japan (1890 A.D.)
- The Eye of the Beholder: Raphael and Michelangelo (Italy, 1515)
- Diogenes, The Man Who Had Everything (Greece, 400 B.C.)
- Alexander the Great and Diogenes (Greece, 330 B.C.)
- The Gates of Heaven: A Tale from Japan (1750 A.D.)
- The Beggar and the Baker: A Story of Solomon (Israel, 1000 B.C.)
- The Good Samaritan: A Story Told by Jesus (1st Century A.D.)
- The Tale of Beatrix Potter (1900, England)
- Satchel Paige, The Philosopher of the Baseball Diamond (USA, 1930’s)
“What a collection of stories to inspire and encourage the next generation of wise citizens.” —Librarian
“What does it mean to be wise? Acclaimed storyteller, Jim Weis (“Weissdom”) recounts the lives of historical figures who show us how to be wise…” -Faith and Family Magazine
“Offers true stories of philosophy, spirituality and value-an excellent audio listen.”-The Midwest Book Review